Sunday, April 24, 2016

i HATE Pink

You should never find yourself without reasons to celebrate. Whether it's something big like starting a new job or something pretty normal like a friend's birthday, this life should always present you with a reason to go out and LIVE.

I found myself with two reasons to celebrate this weekend. Two of my closest friends turned 26. It began Saturday, with a night out at a nice lounge in Santa Monica. 


I must say, I've always had a thing for a good black and gold combo. They look so sophisticated together. This black romper is from ANGL. Sticking with the sophisticated look, I went with knee high boots from FOREVER 21. Knee high boots are always a good idea when you want to give your legs a longer look. Again I found myself wanting to make the look more dynamic by adding a colorful jacket. I settled on this pink blazer from H&M (Pink. ewww).


PLEASE sweat the DETAILS: I will forever support the belief that details make the outfit. This broad gold chocker is from ALDO and a perfect choice to accentuate the neck and shoulders (my favorite part of my body ;) ). I also chose a gold and black belt that I found at Windsor. This breaks up the romper, adding dimension to the piece while also pairing well with the choker. On my wrists I have two black & gold bracelets, also from ALDO. Lastly, I decided to go with a black and white purse from ALDO. I added the black faux fur pom pom keychain from WANTMYLOOK to make it more girly, thereby fitting well with the gold & pink feminine touches of the whole look. 



The weekend continued with Brunch with a few of my friends and the birthday girls on a rooftop in downtown LA. The dress code, being upscale casual, allowed me to have freedom with choosing a fun & flirty outfit. 



I will never pretend that I am able to afford buying new things for every event that I attend. One of my Resolutions for 2016 was actually to be creative with & wear the LOADS of clothes that I already have in my closet. This high-low dress I pulled out of the vault. I found this dress at Windsor. Let's be clear. I HATE THE COLOR PINK. However, I work to switch up my look and I do dip my toes into pink every now and again. I felt that adding brown as an accent color would allow me to keep this look as casual as possible. I added brown heels from Steve Madden and a sheer white cover from FOREVER 21. Like the brown accents, this white cover adds to the casual look while also contributing a flirty, spring vibe.




DETAILS: Keeping with the brown accents, I added a brown belt to the dress. I felt this choice was crucial due to the fit of the dress. Adding a belt to any item will aid in flattering your shape while also breaking up something that has a lot of the same color material. Around my neck I am wearing a brown choker found at ALDO. Again I tend to spend a lot of my time & money purchasing necklaces and chokers in order to draw attention to my favorite area. 



Challenge yourself. Wear a color you don't normally wear. It might surprise you.


XOXO,

PoeSoPosh






No comments:

Post a Comment