Sunday, August 28, 2016

Shmoooood :)

There were moments in the past few weeks where I felt a little guilty about having not posted in awhile but I can't be mad at myself for enjoying every bit of this summer. This summer, which can arguably be described as the BEST summer of my life. Below are some of my favorite looks from throughout the summer that I was too busy living to blog :)::

 

I love when I can get creative with my outfits; when they look less and less like the popular pages on instagram. The following three looks are probably my favorites of the summer because they allowed my creative juices to flow. I often mention that I usually create looks by first finding a key item that I love and then building around it. These three looks all started with a piece that I fell in love with at first sight.


  

The first look started with this colorful Adidas shirt I found while (of course) venturing into PACSUN for something entirely different. It was the last one and it was a size large. I actually have a ton of oversized male items in my closet. I also have an obsession with shirt dresses and thought I could make this obviously too large shirt work for me. Though it's definitely long enough for a dress, I though I'd add shorts and show a little leg, adding some girly elements to the look. 


I am so in love with the pattern on the Adidas shirt and thought that adding these clear booties from PUBLIC DESIRE would add to its funky feel. Booties also don't make your legs look too bad either. ;). These boots are a fairly new item to my closet. They were such a huge hit before, where I wore them without socks. I wanted to try something different this time. I paired them with these amazing fishnet stockings from H&M and achieved an even different look with the differing patterns. I got to where this outfit in New York and it was such a fun look, I felt like I fit right in. 



.......



My next look was kind of an accident. I knew I needed an outfit to go out when I travelled back home but I happened to be in New York at the time. I couldn't find anything I liked after looking in store after store. My last stop was an URBAN OUTFITTERS where I happened upon this bikini cover up! I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed about the fact that this is actually not the first time I've refashioned a swimsuit coverup into a dress :D Something about the pattern of the coverup really caught my eye. I also liked the side splits which is very popular right now. Almost immediately I had a whole outfit in mind. It included these strap up nude sandals from WANTMYLOOK and glittery purse from ALDO. I felt pretty girly in this look, as I don't find myself wearing softer colors too often. 



.....


The last look was probably my favorite of the entire summer. I think anyone who happened upon this sheer dress from ZARA would have fallen in love immediately just like I did. I honestly had no idea how I was going to wear it but it had my name all over it. I first had to decide what top to wear underneath. The fun thing about this outfit is that it could have been pulled off in so many ways. I had a pile of options to try on. I have a black v-neck bodysuit, a midriff black halter top, even a small black tube top. I decided to go with this black leather midriff top from ANGL. As for the bottoms, I went with short black shorts. As seen in my first look, I veer toward boots when I wear large shirts or short shorts. I felt like these black funky boots from WANTMYLOOK really pulled the look together. 






My favorite season is almost upon us. Can't wait to see what it has in store :)





XOXO,

PoeSoPosh










No comments:

Post a Comment