Friday, July 8, 2016

New Looks, New Orleans

Coinciding my trip to New Orleans to visit friends with Essence Festival weekend resulted in a lot of outfits and a lot of exhaustion. But I always have such a great time when I'm there. It always feels like coming home. 

Following are four of my favorite outfits from this trip::




My first outfit was built around these fabulous see-through boots from PUBLIC DESIRE. The boots have nude accents so I figured they would go well with earth tone colors. I then added this forest green dress from ANGL. I felt the length of the dress would look good with the height of the boots. I added the nude trench to bring out the nude accents in the shoes. I went with gold details, as I feel gold looks best with earth tones. Both this gold and clear necklace and the gold bracelet are from ALDO.


  



My second outfit was an amazing pinstripe romper that I found in London a year ago! I can't believe it has taken me almost a year to wear it but I'm glad it was such a hit. I found it while shopping at MISS SELFRIDGE. I honestly felt that this romper would look better with boots, but I thought I'd give wearing boots a break and went with these killer heels instead. These heels are from WINDSOR. The romper has gold accents and therefore I chose to accessorize it with this gold chain choker (you know I love my chokers) and gold chain bracelet, both found at ALDO. 


     


My last two outfits were more casual. 



The first began with these GIRLY off-the-shoulder pink top. Not only do I rarely enjoy dressing girly but I HATE wearing pink. However, I love to keep my closet diverse and often find myself drawn to colors that my closet is lacking. To keep with the girly feel of the top, I added this gray skirt with a split. This skirt is from FOREIGN EXCHANGE. Once I added the gray skirt, I realized I had this silver headband that I never wear. At this point I obviously took the idea of looking extra girly and ran with it. To be honest, I wasn't entirely sure what color jewelry to go with, but I decided on this black choker from ALDO and these black sandals from STEVE MADDEN. 




The final outfit featured this super comfy off-white romper from ZARA. Due to the more casual look, I decided to go with more casual jewelry. This tan choker is from ALDO. I couldn't resist adding some boots to this look. These boots are from SAKSOFF5TH. The gold sunglasses are from ALDO as well. 









One weekend with many different looks. Have fun with your closet this summer!







XOXO,

PoeSoPosh

No comments:

Post a Comment