Sunday, May 29, 2016

BOOTSilicious

I'm all for "dressing for the season" but I must say that I'm also a FIRM believer in DOING WHATEVER I FEEL LIKE DOING. Therefore, I often wear whatever I feel like wearing. I also LOVE wearing outfits with contradictions, such as girly + edgy. Some may say that boots are NOT for the summer. I'm sure I heard that plenty of times while living in the south. People immediately recognized me as being from California by the way that I dressed.  

I have many fashion obsessions (what girl doesn't?). One of these is boots. I can wear boots/booties ANYTIME of the year. Simply because I can. I will say that I do pay attention to the type of boot. There are certain boots that I would probably never wear in the Summer. For example, if I owned a pair of Uggs, I personally would not wear them in the summer. Every pair of boots and booties in my closet I feel comfortable wearing year-round. I often pair these boots & booties with shorts, skirts and dresses, showing some leg. 

 There are many trendy styles of boots that can be worn in the summer. Here are a few styles that I love:



My outfit grew from these boots. Inspired by their funky look.

  

I started my outfit with these boots. I found these amazing beauties at WANTMYLOOK. I especially like over the knee boots because they elongate my legs. If your legs are a body part that you like to draw attention to, anything short with a pair of boots will do the job. Rocking one of my favorite contradictions, I paired these boots with my favorite pair of ripped jeans from DWNTWN. Up top I have a black vest from FOREVER21. This vest has a classy look to it but also is a bit daring with the deep plunge. This added a more feminine quality to the look. This is worn under a khaki jacket, also from FOREVER21. 



  










DETAILS: You mean these boots aren't detail enough?!! This look has a very grungy feel to it. I added this necklace from ALDO which also fits with this style. Due to the fact that the necklace is both silver and gold, I could have gone with either color for the rest of my jewelry. I chose to go with gold, as it stands out amongst these darker colors better. I have gold bracelets on my wrist from ALDO. I went with darker colors on my face, again, to fit the darker look. 







 

What "non-traditionally summer" item can you rock this season?!




XOXO,

PoeSoPosh







No comments:

Post a Comment