Sunday, May 15, 2016

Don't Play Yourself

Ever since attending Beyonce's The Mrs. Carter Show concert, I have vowed to attend all her future concerts. This woman never disappoints and puts on a show like no other. I bought my ticket to the Formation Tour without hearing the album but knew that she would have an amazing line-up. I don't think any of us were disappointed when she put out her new album Lemonade. The album alone speaks for itself, with all 12 songs making the TOP 100 list. These songs are great whether you can relate or not. It just so happens that I can relate very much to this album which makes it even better. The concert was AMAZING, as expected. 

I love the way Beyonce kills it every time with her outfits for her concerts. I thought a lot about the Formation performance at the Super Bowl and the costumes Beyonce and her dancers wore. 



Taking from the performance, I decided to wear something cute but with a little attitude as well. 

  


I've never worn an artist's apparel to their concert before and with Beyonce recently coming out with an active wear line, I thought it would be a cute idea. I started with this black and white Ivy Park sports bra from TOPSHOP. I also wanted to be comfortable at the concert so I decided to pair this with jeans. I got these black jeans from FASHIONNOVA. I love their jeans because they fit me better than any other jeans I've found. These jeans in particular are high waisted with rips at the knee, adding some attitude to the look. This black jacket is from H&M. I love that it puts a twist on the classic leather jacket look. I added black stilettos from ZARA in order to make the look a but more girly




DETAILS: I started by thinking about how to adorn my neck. I love the choker look but wanted to go with something other than a choker this time. This white bandana provided me with something different around my neck while also adding to the attitude of the look. It also helps to bring out the white in the sports bra. I went with silver jewelry to match the silver in my jacket. These studs and funky ear cuff are from FOREVER 21. 





This purse is actually a makeup bag I got as a gift from ClINIQUE.  I simply turned it into a small purse. I have TOO MANY makeup bags. I loved this print and wanted to be able to use it somehow. I found an old purse I wanted to get rid of that had a removable black strap. I attached this strap to the makeup bag and voila. I ended up wearing it as a clutch. I also love that it's small because I didn't want to bring a big purse to the concert. The colors in this bag pair great with red lips.






What old items do you have that can be re-fashioned into something else??






XOXO,

PoeSoPosh

No comments:

Post a Comment