Saturday, May 7, 2016

Mother's Day Tea

Although it wasn't a Mad Hatter tea party, [:( ]  the mother daughter tea I attended with my mom was pretty great. The theme was "God, me, and a cup of tea".  There are so many options for what to wear to a tea party. Most people go with dresses and skirts, particularly sun dresses. However,  you may even catch some more daring people in pastel suits. Accessorizing for a tea party is in my opinion the best part. Most people go all out with adding gloves, hats, purses, and scarves. 

There are so many things I love about tea parties. The food and decorations are always so adorable. But my favorite part is how much fun I can have when dressing up. I actually had a big Mad Hatter-themed tea party for my 25th birthday. 

 

This party, being in Spring, made me want to incorporate something a bit brighter. 



My foundation piece in this outfit was my yellow jacket. I have had this yellow jacket for years and have only been able to wear it a few times. I thought it would be perfect for a spring tea party. I believe it was found at TARGET. Looking through my closet, I wanted to find something that not only had yellow in it, but that would add a little bit more color due to the solid yellow of the jacket. This skirt, from ANGL, adds plenty of color to the look. For this reason, I chose to go with a simple, white ribbed bodysuit from FOREVER 21 underneath. 




For this look's details, I felt like less would be more. After trying on multiple gold necklaces with the outfit, I felt the busy pattern on the skirt called for less going on up top in order to balance it out. I went with a simple gold bracelet around my wrist. These heels are from FOREVER 21 and match the blue in the skirt perfectly. I also really like the way they so boldly pair with the yellow of the jacket. I'm sad that I didn't have a hat to pull the look together more. 


Really, now that summer is almost here, this look should be able to work at many events this season including weddings. Enjoy!








XOXO,
PoeSoPosh

No comments:

Post a Comment